NDIS SDA Housing Property Investment QLD
The NDIS Story
Here at South East QLD Home & Land, we offer NDIS Property Services.
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS is a new way of providing individual support for people with a permanent and significant disability, their families and carers. It provides peace of mind to anyone with a disability or those affected by someone who has a disability.
In the last 12 months, 100,000 new participants enrolled in the NDIS scheme. This now brings the total to almost 400,000 Australians signed up to the NDIS, despite 4.4 million living with a disability.
NDIS provides choice and greater control over the services that Participants will receive. It won’t mean they have to change their current arrangements, nor will it change the supports that Participants receive for rent, electricity etc.
Current NDIS housing suppliers are not and cannot meet the urgent demand for applicable housing due to lack of funding. Estimates show a $5Bn deficit to meet NDIS goals for SDA and housing participants, with an opportunity for private investment to underpin govt commitments.
This includes the pressing need for 12,000 participants who currently have no access to SDA, along with the high percentage of current housing which requires upgrading or redevelopment in the near future. Our organisation supports NDIS participants with a beautiful home to create freedom and independence, support carers and improve quality of life.
Our business approach to NDIS Property Services with Developers & Builders & SDA Providers will create a socially responsible investment for secure and sustainable long-term returns for all parties.
Giving Peace of Mind – SDA
SDA stands for ‘Specialised Disability Accommodation’ and is a system created under the NDIS for people with high support housing needs. SDA Funding is available to NDIS participants with high support needs who want to live independently.
The number of people receiving SDA payments has grown by 13 percent in the past year, however housing options for people with a disability who want to live independently are growing but remain limited.
Investing in homes designed for people with disabilities presents a rare opportunity to do something that contributes to an urgent need in society, while achieving the highest rental yields available anywhere in the property market.
The NDIS applies to all State and Territories of Australia. This is a $22Bn program to support 460,000 people to achieve their goals. The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychological disability.
The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind if they, or their child, or loves one is born or acquires permanent of significant disability, and thus will get the support they need. The NDIS is not a welfare system. It is an insurance scheme designed to help people get the support they need so their skills and independence improve over time.
Investing in NDIS Property
Interested in investing in Specialised Disability Accommodation?
With potentially 50,000 people needing Specialised Disability Accommodation there is a chronically short supply. Our NDIS Property Services will help provide suitable long term accommodation – or forever homes for some of the disabled Australians who require specialised accommodation.
The NDIS has an annual recurrent budget of $700 million (indexed over the next 20 years) for SDA providers.
Based on a 20-year cash flow, running yields on net operating income are estimated between 8% and 14%.
We help clients lay the foundation of their property portfolio, by investing in SDA property which is high yielding & positive cash flow. Our clients have various options to choose from in the SDA homes category. 3 bedroom homes, 4 bedroom homes, 4 bedroom dual living homes, 5 bedroom dual living homes, or even 6 bedroom duplex homes. Whatever investors wish to create as a investment property, we are able to put together a solution.
Our NDIS Property Services
• Working with investors in sourcing appropriate locations and product providers, to acquire suitable SDA properties into their portfolio.
• Working with SIL and SDA providers in collaboration to deliver optimal solutions for Participants – whether to live in homes, apartments, villas or other suitable options.
Sales & Marketing
• Working in conjunction with agents and professional advisors with their clients in delivering SDA solutions for investment purposes.
• Working with builders directly to advise on pricing, designs and inclusions which would be appropriate for different categories of Participants.
• Working with developers and builders in sourcing appropriate sites for rollout of their SDA products to the investor market.
• Working on the research and due diligence of locations that are in demand for Participants.
• Working with developers on retro-fit designs of existing or new properties for SDA compliance for suitability for Participants.
• Working with town planners and design consultants on reconsideration of DA sites to be NDIS suitable.
• Managing and overseeing the successful the delivery of projects from initial feasibility through, design, approvals, construction and handover.